KALLONI GULF WETLANDS
Here are two maps of the main wetlands (mostly coastal) around the Kalloni Gulf , that I visit most usually :
NORTH Kalloni Gulf
1. Vouvaris River 2. Messa 3. Kantri Marsh 4. Milopotamos River
5. Kalloni Salt Pans 6. Tsiknias River 7. Skala Kalloni Marsh 8. Enia Kamares
9. Metohi Lake 10. Kerami Reservoir 11. Potamia River 12. Parakila Marsh
SOUTH Kalloni Gulf
13. Parakila Lagoon 14. Koukoumos 15. Apothika 16. Makara
17. Nifida Marsh 18. Polihnitos Salt Pans 19. Alikoudi Marsh
20. Farmakies Marsh 21. Agia Veroniki Marsh
Kalloni Salt Pans (no 8)
The Kalloni Salt Pans is the site where I birdwatch the most… Here is a detailed map of the sub-areas I use in my posts and also several good places to search for birds and finally specific points to stand and check the interior of the pans and the south fields (red stars).
PLEASE do not visit the SE fileds beyond the canal/bridge as it is a crutial resting and breeding habitat for several bird species (e.g. Stone Curlew, Ruddy Shelduck etc).